Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday, Sept. 6 Labor Day

It's a beautiful day that the Lord has made and I for one am rejoicing in it. I am working in my yard and garden today and loving it. I love the fall even though it's extra work, it is just so good. The smell of the leaves and the feel and sound of the breeze rustling through the leaves as they complete their life cycle and the trees prepare for rest. I love it! Not to mention the COLORS! Here in eastern KY we have the best fall color of any place I think. But then I am a little prejudiced.

I am on Day 66 of my #B90 days reading. Almost out of the Old Testament. My daughter loaded both old and new testaments on my Iphone for me yesterday. She thought I was putting my eyes out using a little book reading light. I have to admit I liked that. It reads to you or you can read it from a lighted screen. I should have thought about that 66 days ago.

I praise the Lord that my Mom is doing better. She is recovering from her surgery pretty well. Thanks to everyone for the prayers on her behalf.

2 comments:

  1. I have my favorite Bible translation, (ESV) loaded on my ipod. I love being able to have it anywhere! Keep up the good work, and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful post all the way around!

    Keep up that reading... and enjoying His gifts!!

    ReplyDelete