Saturday, September 18, 2010

IT IS DONE! I HAVE READ THE WHOLE BIBLE!

What a wonderful day, Today at 1:45 p.m. I officially FINISHED reading the Whole Bible! It has been a journey well worth the taking. Although the speed at which we read left little time for depth of study it in turn kept the story fresh as we read so it was easier to tie it together.

The OT story I love the best is Job. It's not a pretty story nor is it a particularly well written story. But the story of Job tells a story of love beyond that found in any romance. It tells of loyalty that's above any royal military. It speaks of sacrifice and and long suffering. Job is a story of a man who loved God so much he worshiped him although everything he had was taken away, even his family and his health.

The NT story I loved the best...well I can't pick. I loved the stories of Jesus Baptism, the women and the tomb, the men on the road to emaus, The birth of the Christ child, and so many others.

I am an avid fan of Southern Gospel Music, a loyal follower of Bill and Gloria Gaither. As I read the New Testament I heard the music in my head. I sang my way from Matthew to Revelations. I think Bill and Gloria have recorded just about all of it in song. I am going to have to get out the CDs /DVDs and play them.

I want to thank Amy for all the encouragement and prayers. I also want to thank our little team here. I have enjoyed this. I will have to find a new topic for my little blog.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing!! I hope to be there in a few more days! What an awesome challenge this has been!

    ReplyDelete